Comment on page
Getting Started with IridiumSkyblock
This page will walk you through installation and requirements, as well as introduce you to the plugins we have hooks for to add dedicated support.
Skyblock is an unofficial game mode for Minecraft that was established in 2011. It was originally a challenge map that contained a single tree, a chest with supplies, and a small cube of dirt, and the player was expected to survive using the resources they had and their knowledge of the game.
Now, Skyblock is one of the most popular game modes (following Survival and Creative), spawning thousands of different varieties and twists to pull in new players and sell the idea of a challenge that can be enjoyed with friends.
IridiumSkyblock aims to deliver this image with excellence, streamlining the setup process and eliminating the headache of having to figure out the details, while also proving to be extremely configurable to create an unparalleled experience.
Installing IridiumSkyblock is fairly straightforward, and is installed like most other Spigot plugins.
Note: In order for the plugin to work as intended with all features working correctly, you will need an economy plugin. This allows
/is shopto work correctly.
If, for some reason, you're dissatisfied with the plugin, or simply wish to switch to something else, here's how to properly uninstall it.
- 1.Stop your server.
- 2.Delete the world generated by IridiumSkyblock:
- 3.Delete the config folder:
- 4.Delete the plugin from
- 5.Start your server.
IrdiumSkyblock can hook into other plugins to provide a better experience. These plugins are NOT dependencies, they are not required for IridiumSkyblock to function. These plugins are:
Iridium Skyblock officially supports Spigot, and it is recommended to use Paper or one of its forks.
WARNING: Iridium Skyblock does not support any of the content listed in this section. These will cause conflicts and possibly stop the plugin from functioning correctly. If you choose to ignore this warning, do NOT expect support on our discord, as we can not assist with unsupported content.
IridiumSkyblock does not support the following content:
The following items are considered unsupported, either because they're incompatible with IridiumSkyblock, or certain features do not work when using them.
- Minecraft versions prior to 1.13, including 1.8 - 1.12
- GeyserMC or any affiliation with the Minecraft: Bedrock edition of the game.
- Forge, Fabric, or any mod, mod content, or mod API.
- Sponge, or any Minecraft server software that does not officially support the Spigot API or Spigot plugins.
- Multi-gamemode servers or those that do not use Bungee/Waterfall/Velocity.
- Any PAPI ecloud extension - IridiumSkyblock has its own placeholders.
- IridiumSkyblock version 2.6.7 or below
The following plugins are NOT supported by any means - they're listed here to identify what IridiumSkyblock is incompatible with.
- Plugman (or plugins like it) - This plugin is known for causing major issues on servers and especially with IridiumSkyblock. Do not use it.
- CMI - CMI uses an incompatible Vault dependency, which breaks the Vault dependency for IridiumSkyblock.
- FAWE (or AWE) - This plugin is known for causing minor issues on servers and especially with IridiumSkyblock. We do not support using it, as it is unstable for production servers.